Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Post #4 for DIY MFA: What Feeds Your Creativity?

In response to DIY MFA prompt #4: What Feeds Your Creativity?

My mind bursts with ideas. I capture them in bits and pieces and bemoan those I forget to record. My Trello app overflows. My laptop offers a sea of fodder. I dive in, and new bookmarks multiply during my fragmented wanderings. I read Memoir Monday, and new book ideas proliferate. DIYMFA keeps me scurrying with posts. Reedsy Writing Prompts posts a picture that prompts a story. I tackle two to three writing contests a quarter. Climbing into seat 21A on an airplane creates a myriad of stories in my head.

Here’s the issue. When does the creativity settle into a focused direction? I’m all over the board ricocheting from one topic to another. I’m looking for my passion, but I am someone with too many passions.

Do I blog about living a new life in love, or creating an NGO and having the board dissolve it, or starting a writing career, or tackling new athletic adventures, or sharing humorous travel mishaps?

Where do I get my creativity? In the air I breathe.

Where do I get the focus to channel this creativity into the blog or the book or the article or the essay to publish? I’m searching.

2 comments:

  1. That *is* the rub, isn't it? Developing that discipline and focus works differently for everyone. Here's hoping you find the way that will work for you! @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha, for the encouraging words. Can't wait for it to all come together. Jene

      Delete